Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Makeup for Glasses

This is something I don't think a lot of my followers know about me, but I actually wear glasses. I know most people dread wearing glasses, but it's really not that big of a bummer. It's kind of like an extra accessory! :)
Anyway, since I've worn glasses for so long, I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I thought I'd share with you when it comes to makeup for glasses. :)

1. When you're applying makeup, take your glasses on and off. You want to make sure your makeup looks good with your glasses on. Don't wait till the end to put your lenses on! :)
2. Only draw attention to one area of your face. I think this goes for people even who don't wear glasses, but personally, since I do wear glasses I like to make my eyes more dramatic and my cheeks and lips really natural.
3. Make your eyes look bigger or smaller. Depending on your lenses, sometimes your glasses can make your eyes appear bigger or smaller than what you want them to look. But makeup can fix that! :) Apply a black pencil to your waterline if you would like your eyes to appear smaller, or line your waterline with white to make them appear bigger.
4. Add depth with eyeshadow. You don't want your eyes to appear flat. :)
5. Make your lashes stand out, just don't let them hit your lenses. Honestly, it's really annoying to have your eyelashes hit your glasses every time you blink. This is why it's so important to curl your lashes. This makes your lashes go upwards, so it's less likely to hit your lenses.
6. Make your liner match the thickness or thinness of your frames.
7. And lastly, play around with eyeshadow! See what colors and shimmers compliment your frames best! Have fun with your glasses! :)


If you wear glasses, share your tips in the comments below! :)

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment