Friday, January 31, 2014

Favorites:January 2014.

   Well, hello, there! So basically, I haven't blogged in over six months. I'm incredibly, incredibly sorry. Life got really busy the last half of 2013, but I'm super happy to be blogging again and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I hope everyone is having a great 2014 so far! Since I haven't blogged in so long, there's several products I haven't talked about. So for my first post in 2014, I thought I'd do a January Favorites!





 My first favorite is the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild. I believe I've talked about this product before, but I don't think I've ever been more in love with it than I am right now. I'll admit it-cleaning my face is a chore. And honestly, I get super lazy with it. But one day in early December I decided to really deep cleanse my skin, and I LOVED the way my face felt afterwards. After that, I actually was excited to wash my face. I have this soap in the "Mild Dry Combination" version, and I really, really like it. It's gentle enough, but it really gets the job done. I double cleanse with this morning and night, and my skin feels so good afterwards. I also really like the smell. The only negative is it's a tad hard to wash off, as several Clinique products are. But I highly, highly recommend.



Ahh, Bath & Body Works, how I love you. I have three B&BW products that I've been absolutely obsessed with this month. First is the Paris Amour Body Lotion. Honestly, I've never really been a big fan of lotion. I just don't like feeling greasy. But I've been super dry this month, and I've been using this every time after I shower. I really love this lotion. Paris Amour is one of my all time favorite scents, and it doesn't compete with whatever perfume I'm wearing. This lotion is wonderful. Next is the Winter Candy Apple Fragrance Mist. This is currently unavaliable at B&BW because it was limited edition for the holidays, but this is a scent that they always bring back. Whenever I want something light and refreshing, this is what I spray on. It's not overpowering, and it just smells SO GOOD! Lastly is the Amber Blush eau de toilette. Holy cow. This. Smells. Amazing. I did get this in the fall time, and although it's the perfect fall scent, I'm going to be wearing it year round. I get so many compliments every time I wear this. I actually went back and purchased two more of this travel sized bottle. I think this is the best scent B&BW has had in a long time. Highly recommend.



Next is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush. Okay, hands down-best dry shampoo I've ever tried. My hair gets super greasy super fast, and this product works wonders. I don't think it adds a ton of volume, but that's not what I was looking for in a dry shampoo. I bought this in the scent "Blush" because I thought it smelled good, and it does, but the scent is really strong. After I use this, my entire room smells like this product, and it's just too overpowering. Definitely repurchasing, but next time I'll stick with the original.



Next is the Elf Makeup Mist and Set Spray. I don't know if my makeup products just happen to be super long-lasting, or if this product is a miracle worker, but something is making my makeup last ALL DAY. I honestly love this stuff. I go through it super quickly, but it's only $3 a bottle, and you truly can't beat that. To be honest, when I very first bought this product, I didn't really think it would work. But like I said, my makeup has been lasting the entire day. This stuff is really great.




  Next is the Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Electric Pop. I've actually owned this product for years, and back when I was really into brighter colors, the bright blue in this quad was my jam. But lately I've really been liking the light frosty white shadow as a base. It really makes my eyes pop, and it looks great with the next product I'll be talking about.



  Next is the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I use this every single day. Every single color in this palette is really simple, but absolutely amazing. Honestly, I wasn't really a fan of matte colors until using this palette. I recommend this so, so much. Probably my favorite eyeshadow palette ever.




  Next is the Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black. This is a really pigmented eyeliner, and it always looks great. It's amazing, and probably my favorite liquid eyeliner ever.


 
  I got this Clinique palette a super long time ago, but the product I've been loving is the blush on the bottom. It's in the color Iced Lotus. I've never been a huge blush fan, but this is the perfect color for me. It's very light and natural. The texture is very nice and soft. It's just beautiful.



  The last makeup product is the Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. Whenever I purchased this, they actually only had this one, but this product now comes in three shades. I believe the color I have is St. Lucia. Like I said, I'm not a big blush person, so I'm showing this for the bronzer. I use this for contouring everyday, and it's become my all time favorite bronzer. Depending on what brush you use, it blends really nicely. And for only three dollars, you should give it a go!



  These are the brushes I've been using to contour. The first is the Mac 187 Brush. I love this brush because it's super soft and gives me a really, really natural contour. I really recommend this if you want your contour to blend nicely. I occasionally notice some slight shedding, but nothing bad at all. This brush is on the pricer side, but if you're looking for a brush that will give you the most natural contour, I highly recommend this one. On days when I want a stronger contour, I use my Real Techniques Contour Brush. This brush is SO soft and easy to work with. If you want your contour to be more precise, this is what I recommend. It doesn't blend quite as well as the Mac one, but that's why I use it when I want my contour to be more noticeable. Both of these brushes are super soft and easy to clean, and I really recommend both of them.



  My book favorite this month was by far Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan.  I'm going to be doing a full review of this in the near future, but overall, this is the best book I've read in a long time. This was just such a fantastic and hilarious book.


  That was all my favorites for this month! I've been wanting to pick up some new products, so if there's any makeup or books you would like to me to review, leave them below! :)

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment