Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review:Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan.


  Hey guys! Today's post is going to be a book review on Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan. I'll start off by saying that John Green is my favorite author, and I'm always overly impressed with his writing. This was the first time I'd ever read anything from David Levithan, but I really, really enjoyed his parts of the book.

Description:
 "Will Grayson, meet Will Grayson. One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high school stage."

 Review:
 So in this book, Green and Levithan both have a character named Will Grayson, who are actually very different despite their name. One Will Grayson has a best friend named Tiny Cooper and is kinda-but-not-really interested in a girl named Jane. The other Will Grayson is dealing with depression and is in love with someone whom he has never met.
 This book is a YA book, but just as a warning, it contains lots of cruel language and references to drinking and sex.
 I really enjoyed this style this book was written in. On Levithan's parts, the book is actually written in all lowercase. I actually really liked that aspect, and I thought it made the book even more unique.
 As soon as I started reading this book, I knew I was going to love it. Even after the first chapter, it had me laughing out loud. From a teenagers perspective, this book is super relatable. The book can go from colorful and bright to dark and sad-much like a teenagers life.
 Several of the characters are gay in this book, and all of the characters I really, really liked. There's something about each character that's super relatable, even one specific character whom I wanted to strangle later in the book.
 Overall, I highly recommend this book. This was such a fantastic read. This is by far the best book I've read since The Fault in Our Stars. This book just generally made me feel a lot of emotions-especially happy. This is probably the most entertaining book I've ever read. There were times in this book I got pissed-off, times where my heart melted, and many, many times where I burst out laughing. I even cried at the very end because it's just so touching. I just absolutely loved this book. 5/5 stars. Definitely in my top three favorite books, right up there with TFIOS and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

 What book should I review next?

:) Becca

1 comment:

  1. hi! I changed my blog. We followed each other when I was coffee-mornings.blogspot
    I have been following it for some time now. I just created my blog and would be very grateful if you could check it out!

    http://malibluemymind.blogspot.com.es/

    xx
    Lau

    ReplyDelete