Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Favorite Drugstore Foundations

Hi! :) Lately I've been finding myself reaching for foundations that don't give me a ton of coverage. Just something enough to even out my skin tone and make my face look matte. Now I have dry to combination skin,so these might not be for everyone,but I've gotten a lot of use out of them. Lately I've just not been taking the time to build and blend,and with these you don't have to! I love these powder foundations because they're so easy to apply and they give me a beautiful finish. Actually,one of them is just a setting powder,but for the past couple of days I've been using it as a foundation. Here's my reviews! Enjoy! :)


The first product is the Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Powder. This product is amazing,the best drugstore powder foundation I've ever bought. It's around $8.00 and totally worth it! Sometimes my skin is sensitive to new products,but this hasn't broken me out. I'm in the lightest shade,and it matches me perfectly. This powder stays on my face really well,even without primer. I don't have very oily skin,but I do tend to have a shiny nose,and this product clears that right up. I personally love the sponge it comes with. Usually I would use a kabuki,but I really like this sponge. Give it a go! :)



The next product is the CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder. I will admit that when I first got this I hated it. I started working with it,and developed a love-hate relationship. I wouldn't say I absolutely love it now,but I do like it better than before. It's not my favorite powder,but I do love how light it is on my skin. This powder really eliminates shine. It blends fairly well. The mirror detaches from the compact a lot,which I don't mind,but I thought I'd just throw out. I used this product today,and I still think it's a so-so. I do really like it,though. I have this is Ivory,and personally I mainly use it as a setting powder. To be honest,I had to hit pan before I got an coverage out of it at all. Since it is so light,you may have to touch up a couple times a day. I think it's put to better use if you use it as a setting powder,in my opinion. It says that it's fragerance free,but I can smell a nice,clean scent. All in all,I recommend this product mainly as a setting powder. :)

Have you tried these powder foundations? What do you think of them? What are your favorite drugstore foundations?

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment