Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Fun: Scary Skull Cakes


So I did my first recipe post about a week ago, and I really liked it, so I thought I'd put up another one! :) Today I'm going to be sharing with you another recipe that comes from Betty Crocker. It's called Scary Skull Cakes. I hope you enjoy the post and if you try this recipe out let me know! :) Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 box (18.25 oz) white cakes mix with pudding in the mix
Water,vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
12 large marshmallows,halved
1 container (12 oz) vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting
48 small chocolate-covered mint candies (from 4.75-oz box)
24 chocolate chips
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
1. Heat over to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and cool cupcakes as directed on box.
2. Carefully pull back a small section of paper from each cupcakes;insert marshmallow half between paper and cake of each. Frost tops of cupcakes and marshmallows to look like skull shape.
3. For each skull cake,use 2 mint candies for eyes,1 chocolate chip,point side down,for nose,and 6 to 8 almonds for teeth. Store loosely covered.

1 cupcake: Calories 280(Calories from Fat 100);Total Fat 11g(Saturated Fat 3g);Cholesterol Omg;Sodium 170Omg;Total Carbohydrate 44g(Dietary Fiber 0g);Protein 2g

Are you going to try this recipe out? :)
:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment