Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Review

Hi everyone! :) I know I haven't made a blog post in almost 3 months, and I'm truly sorry. Basically, I was really, really sick during the beginning-mid April, and after that I really never got around to writing again. But I definitely AM starting up my blog again! It was one of my resolutions, after all! So to kick off my new posts, I'm making a new series. It's called the "Weekend Review" where every weekend I'm going to be reviewing a different product. I know it's not the weekend, but I thought since it's only Monday, it would be okay to go ahead and start this series! Also, in this post I'm going to be reviewing a couple products, since I've been gone for so long. :)

Also, back in March, I got a professional camera, which means quality pictures! :) Yay!


First up is the Tresemme Freshstart Refreshing Mist. This is a fresh product that is meant to remove odor from hair while adding shine. Plus, it's supposed to leave hair silky smooth. I love this product on days where I haven't washed my hair, and it just needs some refreshing. I also have tried the dry shampoo from the Freshstart line, and I actually like this product better. It leaves your hair fairly shiny for a drugstore product, but what I really like about it is how delicious it smells! My hair smells so good after I use this! I will definitely repurchase this!


Next is the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream. The product claims to reduce puffs and circles. What I really like about this product is it's super moisturizing. I have noticed a slight reduction in darkness around my eyes, but nothing huge. Clinique is my favorite makeup brand, and their skincare is fantastic, but I don't think I would repurchase this product. It's quite pricy, and I think there's better alternatives. However, it is really moisturizing, and the texture is really nice. So overall, I do like it, but I don't think it's worth the splurge.

Next we have another Clinique product. This is the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense. I LOVE this. It's another product that's on the pricy side, but this honestly feels luscious on my skin. This product is meant to be a hydrating skin fortifier, but that's actually an understatement. I also have tried the non-intense version of this product, and it's also fantastic. They're the same price, and if you're debating on which one to purchase, I would say go ahead and buy the intense. I personally like the formula of it a lot better. :)

The next product is the Maybelline Clean Express Classic Eye Makeup Remover. I really, really don't like saying bad things about products, but I have to be honest...I kind of hate this one. First of all, this hardly removes anything. I'm very happy that this product was fairly cheap because it was not a good buy. I was really disappointed. Maybelline is also my favorite drugstore brand, but I just don't know what happened with this product. The only thing I really like about it is it has a nice cooling effect on the eyes. However, the gel consistency got a tad messy and really didn't leave my eyes clean. It does smell good, but that's not enough for me to continue to use it.  Although it is less oil-based then my favorite drugstore eye makeup remover, I will be sticking with Neutrogena.


Last, but not least, is the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I've owned this since December, and I fall in love with it every time I use it. It claims to blur imperfections, enhance, brighten, adjust to skin-tone, smooth, hydrate, protect(SPF 30), and have 0% oils or heavy ingredients. On summer days where I just really don't feel like wearing makeup, I always opt for this! It's never failed, and I would repurchase this! It is more liquidy than most BB creams, but I really don't mind that. :) I would highly recommend this!

If you have any request for products I should pick up and try for "Weekend Review" posts, please leave a comment below! :)

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment