Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: Clockwork Prince

Hey guys! :) Today I'll be reviewing Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare!

Disclaimer-This post might have spoilers since it's a second book in a series. If you have not read this or Clockwork Angel and you plan to,I recommend you not to read this post.

Description:

In the magical underworld of Victorian London,Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rouge forces in the Clave plot to see her protector,Charlotte,replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position,Tessa will be out on the street-and easy prey for the mysterious Magister,who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of handsome,self-detructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem,Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past,the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors,from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will,they realize that the Magister knows their every move-and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem,though her longing for Will,despite his dark moods,continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will-the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril,Tessa learns the truth that when love and lies are mixed,they can corrupt even the purest heart.

My Thoughts:

In my opinion,this book was way better than Clockwork Angel,and maybe even better than any of The Mortal Instruments books. I haven't read The Mortal Instruments series in over a year,and I'm currently re-reading the books. ;)
This is by far the best sequel I have ever read,even more so than Catching Fire. The characters stories and secrets are so remarkable,it kept me sucked in. I wouldn't mind re-reading it right now! In Clockwork Angel,I was totally,100% Team Will. Now that I've read Clockwork Prince,I'm completely torn. There's a lot more romance in this book,and you get to see more of both Will and Jem. It's not that I didn't like Jem,it's just that I liked Will more. I wouldn't say I like him better after reading this,but I really do like him a lot more in this book than in Clockwork Angel.
To me,this book is actually very hard to review without having any spoilers. I won't have any major spoilers or anything,but if you're planning on reading this book,or you're in the middle of it,I recommend you not to read the rest of this review.
One of my new favorite characters is Gideon Lightwood. He's very different from the rest of his family,and I enjoyed his character a lot.
As of Will,I didn't think I could like him more. I could. Will's backstory is by far the most interesting to me,and it was amazing reading about it.
One of the biggest shockers in this book is Jessie. Enough said. I really can't say anything more about her without spoiling. ;)
And,of course,the main character,Tessa. I loved Tessa in both books,but I liked her a lot more in Clockwork Prince. I feel like she had much more of a personality,and you really got to see her,and not just someone she Changed into. Whereas in Clockwork Angel,I thought she was a tad dull.
Overall,this book was just totally amazing. It didn't disappoint in the slightest. It was humorous at times,and emotional at times,and the story just had a lot of depth. Highly,highly,highly recommend! :)

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment