Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book Review:Clockwork Angel

Hey guys! :) I haven't done a book review in ages! The first time I read Clockwork Angel was a little over a year ago. I received Clockwork Prince for my Birthday,and decided to re-read Clockwork Angel before I started it. :)

Description:

Magic is dangerous-but love is more dangerous still. When Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother,her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria,and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld,where vampires,warlocks,and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters,warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons,keep order amidst the chaos.
Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters,who are members of a secret organization called the Pandemonium Club,Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability:the power to transform,at will,into another person. What's more,the Magister,the shadowy figure who runs the club,will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.
Friendless and hunted,Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of London Institute,who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by-and torn between-two best friends:James,who's fragile beauty hides a deadly secret,and blue-eyed Will,whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone,that is,except Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters,Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

My thoughts:

I loved this book. The plot is so incredible and the characters are so amazing. The book itself is pretty dark and action-packed,but the characters make it humorous and fun. Especially the three main characters:Tess,Will,and Jem.

I'm not gonna lie,I thought Tessa was a tad boring in the beginning. But she really developed throughout the book and I grew to love her personality.

I shouldn't like Will as much as I do,considering how rude he is to Tessa,but I can't help but love his character. Throughout the book you get to learn about the characters secrets and backgrounds,and Will's is by far the one I'm most interested in.

Jem is pretty much the opposite of Will,which is remarkable because they're so close. He's smart,kind,and not in any way harsh to Tessa.

All the characters are amazing in their own way,and I really could go on and on.

All in all,this book was great and I'm so glad I re-read it. The Infernal Devices is the prequel series to The Mortal Instruments,which I have read,and several people complain about how similar the two series are. Personally,I don't think they're that similar. The characters are fairly similar,but other than that they're different story lines. I highly,highly recommend,especially if you're a fan of The Mortal Instruments.

:) Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment